Moore County Reading Association of NC
A local council of the North Carolina Reading Association, Inc. &
an affiliate of the International Literacy Association
Our State President, Margaret Cuthbertson,
defines our writing project this year in the following way:
"We all have our own thoughts, ideas, and voices and they are worth sharing and celebrating. As you and your students write, be encouraged to stay true to yourself, your beliefs, and YOUR story. I am looking forward to celebrating every reader's story as I read the entries this year."
YA 2022-2023 YA Theme
"Every Voice Matters: Celebrating EVERY Reader's Story"
Why Should You Consider Participating in the YA Writing Project?
* The YA Writing Project is a wonderful way to encourage writing across grade levels.
* Students who submit writing have the potential to win at three different levels: School, County & State.
* YAs are encouraged to write about their personal story -- past, present and future.
* Authors may write in their first language and submit it along with an English translation.
* Authors may write prose or poetry, or fiction or nonfiction.
* Students may also submit an original design or artwork for the cover of the 2023 NCRA Young Authors' Anthology.